We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Receipts being added as expenses, even though they need to be attached to a credit card exepense

akent222akent222 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Day to Day

Hi, I used to be able to simply take a photo of my receipts on my phone and then I could attach the receipt in my report when I hit the plus sign next to an expense. Now, app seems to want to turn all receipt photos into an expense - which doesn't work as the expense is already imported from credit card. Can anyone help?

Answers

• tylerzolltylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 436 Expensify Champion

@akent222 You can use the merge functionality to merge the expense from your credit card and the one that smart scanned. There must have been a mismatch between the expense from your credit card (date, amount, or merchant name).

From the web browser (not the app) select the two expenses, then click merge in the upper right corner of the page.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

Hello @akent222, welcome! Can you confirm if you're using SmartScan when uploading receipts?

If you're not using SmartScan, the system asks you to enter the merchant name to proceed. You can bypass this need by using SmartScan. This is a workflow we are investigating so that we may improve it in the future

Cheers!