Airfare and hotel dates always gets flagged - Is there a better way?

My airfare and hotel dates always get flagged because I want to report the check-in/check-out dates rather than the date of purchase. This is annoying because for those type of expenses, we require the check in-out dates for easy identification. Is there a better way to capture the in/out dates?

Right now I have a hint in the comments field for those type of expenses, but I really need a date field so we can look through the data later on.

Thanks

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,878 admin

Hello @rgondo, right now the check-in and check-out dates are not a separate supported field. This is on our radar but we don't have plans to implement it in the near or mid-term future that I'm aware of.

You're already using the recommended work around to require comments for the category with a specific hint reminding employees what to do.

If you'd like to add this as an Idea on the community though, it would give others a chance to show support for the idea and perhaps get it on our roadmap.

• rgondorgondo Posts: 27

Thanks, I've gone ahead and added this as an Idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm surprised this doesn't have more traction though. Is there any feedback you can share for why this is below the line? My assumption is that our business case is pretty common, but maybe I'm off here.

Thanks

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,878 admin

Hello @rgondo, happy to give some more context here. In the past we've heard this idea, but not very frequently. Because we've never had sustained support or need for the functionality from our customer base, it has never become a priority.

Thanks a ton for sharing the idea though, and I'll send any other customers asking for this to your post.