How to change primary admin / billing owner of our account?

jimcalhoun100
jimcalhoun100 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Advanced Admin Controls

We're looking to change account owner/manager and would like to connect with someone

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hello @jimcalhoun100, welcome! I'm happy to help with this and will cover the basic steps below. If you have questions at any point just let us know.

The first thing you'll want to do is make sure that the account taking over is added to your company policy, or policies, as a Policy Admin. This means you may need to invite them or promote them to the Policy Admin role if they are currently in the Employee role.

Once they are an Admin of the policy, they can navigate to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Overview tab, and then the Take over billing button. They will be prompted to add a billing card to their account, if they don't already have one, and will then gain ownership of the policy.

If your company uses Domain Control in Expensify, you'll also want to add the new account owner as a Domain Admin. The Domain Admin role is granted in Settings > Domain Control > click on domain name > Domain Admins tab.

Some other things to think about when changing the policy owner of your company account.

• Are your policies connected to an accounting package?
    • Are you using ACH reimbursement to reimburse employee reports?
    • Do you manage company cards through Expensify?

If you're a new admin, I'd recommend signing up for our Admin Training webinar here. You'll get a great overview of the role as well as time for live Q&A with the Success Team.

• marioj776
    marioj776 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I'm following the above instruction but can't find "Take over billing" button on Overview tab. Need help to continue.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @marioj776, thanks for posting!

I see that you're a member of multiple policies, one of which is owned by another individual. Since you're the admin of the policy you don't own, you can follow the instructions below to take over billing.

1. Log into your account using your preferred web browser,
    2. Head to Settings > Policies > Group,
    3. CLick on the blue policy name of the policy you need to take ownership of,
    4. On the Overview page, click the Take Over Billing button.

If you're still not able to see this after following the instructions, please send us a message and screenshot to concierge@expensify.com and include the URL of this conversation.

Cheers!