How do you downgrade to free account?

I clicked on "free" under billing tab but when I went back to that page, it showed as "flex" subscription again...

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,513 admin
    edited February 13

Hi @Pastadeej, happy to help with this! The first step to downgrading is making sure that you don't have any policies in your account. The easiest way to check for this is to see if you have the Admin option in the menu on the left side of your screen (it should be near the bottom if it's there).

Downgrading to a free account

If you don't see the Admin option, then you've already downgraded to a free account and can skip down to the "Locking in your decision" section below.

If you see an Admin option, you can downgrade in few different ways depending on how much you've utilized Expensify:
    1. Click the Inbox page and locate the task that starts with "Whoops!"

2. If you see the "Your free trial has ended banner" you can click the Downgrade link.
    3. If you see a task that starts with "Didn't mean to upgrade to a paid Expensify account and want a refund?", click the option to Downgrade to free plan

4. Click the Admin page and use the red trash can icon to delete your policy.

Locking in your decision

Click on your Inbox page, and in the task that starts "Welcome to Expensify!", click the Track option. (below)

I hope this helps!