We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

How do I attach multiple receipts to an expense?

ShaneShane Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

When going to a restaurant it is common to get an itemized receipt and a credit card receipt. The credit card receipt has the tip on it which is reimbursable, however, it does not have the itemized listing. The company would like the itemized receipt as well as the credit card receipt since they won't pay for alcohol. Is the only way to do this by taking one picture that captures both receipts? It seems like there should be a way to capture multiple images on one expense.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team
    edited December 2018

Hi @Shane, thanks for posting! @180_Accounting is right here and offered a good work around. Another option, is to have employees attach the second receipt image as a Document on the report.

A Document would be considered supporting information and is not listed as an expense on the report.

• sblodgettsblodgett Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

This doesn't seem like a difficult feature for you to add to your mobile app. For example, why can't you leverage the functionality on iPhone where after I take a picture and hit forward via text/email and it gives me the option to check multiple photos before sending? Then the pages could quickly be merged into a single attachment.

• ShaneShane Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

The PDF option works great. I use Microsoft lens to take multiple pictures and turn them into a single PDF. Thanks for the help everyone!

• JacinthJacinth Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Would love to +1 multiple image upload on mobile as an FR! Lots of services have moved away from email receipts and instead show in-app. For larger orders, you may need multiple screenshots to capture an entire itemized receipt. A prime example is UberEATS and Caviar, which are often expensed items. Even rides for Uber could fall under this if you’re required to screenshot both the receipt with the fare breakdown and then the actual trip route depending on your team’s policy. Obviously designing for mobile is key for business users, so having just an Attachments field supporting multiple uploads would be great - I almost never use Expensify on desktop!