A way to make a group expenditure, with limits per person?

lmhrclmhrc Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

We have the following policy: a lunch expense must have a minimum of 4 people and each person has a maximum of $20 to spend.
I'd love to have some kind of feature that allows us to automatically flag or even reject expenses that do not follow this policy. For example, based on our policy, a way to differentiate the following expenses that employees submit:
-lunch, 3 people, $50 total expenditure- FLAG
-lunch, 4 people, $80 total expenditure- no flag
-lunch, 4 people, $81 expenditure- FLAG
-lunch, 5 people, $150 expenditure- FLAG
etc

I have seen the "Max Amount" option, but that does not help in this situation because the amount could be anything, as long as there are enough employees. I have also seen the new "Attendee Tracking" feature that allows employees to add colleagues to share the expense, but again it does not cap the amount per person, and also this feature does not require that employees add their colleagues (and thus, they can bypass it).

Just an idea that would make this a lot easier for my company. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 votes

Already supported · Last Updated

This is part of Attendee Tracking

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,317 Expensify Team

Hi @lmhrc, thanks for posting! Expensify uses attendee tracking internally to limit lunch expenses to $20 per person per expense. If we go over $20, we can add an attendee to remove the violation and show why our purchase was over the limit. If we don't add an attendee or adjust the expense to $20 or less, a violation is on the expense and it doesn't get submitted for us at the end of the day.

Is this similar to what you're referring to?

To achieve this, we use category limits set to $20 per expense like the below setup.