We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Merging accounts

LisaHansenLisaHansen Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I am a new admin and want to merge my admin account with the previous admins account to save time. Does that work or will I lose info?

Best Answer

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,070 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @LisaHansen, thanks for joining and posting to the community. You will be able to merge your account with the account of another admin as long as you have their login credentials. Additionally, if either account is under Domain Control in Expensify, then there are further restrictions to merging.

If you have the login credentials for the previous admin, you can merge your accounts by logging into your new account and navigating to your Account Settings > Account section, and scrolling down the the Merge Account tool.

Merging accounts will not remove or delete any expense or report information that is accessible by the two accounts. In general, we don't usually recommend merging with old admin accounts but we can see why it may be helpful to some use cases.

You can also learn more about this process in our help center if you prefer to follow along with a step by step doc.