Admin training opportunity available!

We’re now accepting sign-ups for our first Admin Training Webinar. Check out this post to learn more and sign up today!

Expenses not uploading

edpedp Posts: 2

I entered a series of receipts using my mobile device (iPhone 8), the last of which was several days ago. They are still showing "uploading" on the device and are not showing up on my desktop. I've restarted my phone with no change in status. Any suggestions??

• JohnBJohnB Posts: 1

I'm in the same boat. Expensify seems to have stopped working and customer support is as absent as my receipts.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 985 admin

Hi @edp and @johnB, thanks for posting this frustration.

Can you both try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know how it goes?

1. Make sure you're up to date with the newest version of the app -- Current mobile version:
    2. Connect to a strong WIFI signal and then navigate to your Account Settings and select the Sync Account link.

1. After your account syncs, please check to see if your expenses have successfully synced between the web and mobile devices.

If you receive an error at any time taking the above steps, please let me know what that error message says. Also, if the sync account fails to update the web version, let me know!

• edpedp Posts: 2

Tried the above. Still not syncing. Receiving msg: "Oops something went wrong, try again later."

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 57 mod

Hi @edp do you have the ability to open the image and take a screen shot of your receipt as a 'safety copy'?

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 985 admin

Thank you for the update @edp, I appreciate it! I'd like to escalate this to my team for further review, and was hoping you could take the steps below so we can get our hands on some logs showing what happens when you try to sync your account.

1. Upload a receipt on your app
    2. Once the receipt is showing as "Uploading", pull down on your screen and wait for it to refresh.
    3. Next, go to your Account Settings once more and use the 'Sync Now' option again.
    4. Immediately after taking the above steps, please click on Help and Feedback (near the bottom of your account settings) and then Ask us anything.
    5. In the text box type, "mobile logs for community thread with Sheena", and my team will make sure they get right to me.

By taking the actions above and immediately sending us a message through the app, we'll receive a copy of a log file showing those actions and hopefully why your information isn't syncing over.