Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Items listed as an option

CobosCobos Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Is there a way that we can have 'Items' listed as an option when filling out the expenses. We use the Items section in Intacct and when we export we need to manually input the items in Intacct, having that option in Expensify would be very helpful.

Thank you.

1 votes

Not Developing · Last Updated

Closing due to lack of interest

Comments

• YBSYBS Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Yes, we use QB and we have this issue too. We need to sync our expenses into the "items" menu and not expenses. In essence, although the items list can now sync into Expensify as a category, it still imports into the Expenses bill menu and not items.

• Jeremy BonifaceJeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 136 Expensify Team

Thanks for your post @YBS! Can you clarify why you need your expenses to sync as Items? I'd like to better understand the use-case, so we can discuss it internally. I can't promise we'll make a change here to accommodate, but I'm definitely curious to hear more about how you're using QB. Looking forward to your reply!

• YBSYBS Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Sure @Jeremy Boniface. Posting as Items allows each expense - line item by line item - to be retrieved by our invoicing program Crystal Reports. We can then manipulate them accordingly. When they post in Expenses they are retrieved as a group - we cannot alter line items and/or remove them. You remove one line item it removes the entire Expense grouped for that job. We are currently checking out Tallie to see if it has this capability.

• Brigid  BelloBrigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team

Thanks for the additional details, @YBS. We don't have any current plans to adjust the way that the QuickBooks Desktop integration works, but this is helpful information to have. If you're needing to retrieve expenses using your invoicing program, I also want to make sure you know about our billable expenses functionality. This would allow you to mark individual expenses as Billable in Expensify, and associate each one with a specific customer or job.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!