Can't export a report

Options
philbernstein
philbernstein Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

When I try to export a report, I get this error message: "We tried exporting your reports, but some have expenses that are not categorized with a Quickbooks Desktop account. Please double check the following reports (and categories) before trying again: [name of report]"

I have synced using the sync manager -- what else do I need to do?

Best Answer

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @philbernstein , welcome to the community!

The first step is to sync your QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) connection by going to Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections and Sync Now. Then try to manually export to QBD again.

If you get the same message, open the reports in question, and go through the expenses one by one, making sure nothing is highlighted in red (and correcting anything which is). Sometimes categories in your QBD could have changed between the user creating the report and you exporting it. This is generally the main reason you'll see this message after a successful sync.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

(Quick edit: If the error message gives you the Report IDs, you can use Shift+G to jump to them from the Reports page)