Scanning multiple papers invoice

kerenZivkerenZiv Posts: 11Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi
I was wondering how to scan an invoice with multiple papers using the phone.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,917Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hello @kerenZiv - great question! Ideally, if you have a receipt with multiple pages it is in digital format and you can forward it to [email protected].

However, if you have a hard copy of a multi-page invoice or receipt, you'll want to use another program to combine them into a PDF first. Once you have a multi-page PDF file, you can upload that into your Expensify account for SmartScanning or to alink to an existing expense.

Whether you have an Android or iOS device, your best bet is to check your app store for an app that converts images to PDF.

I hope this helps!

• adamschuetzeadamschuetze Posts: 4Expensify Customer

I've noticed in the Android app, when I manually create an expense, there's no way to attach a PDF, just image files. Is this by design? The answer above makes it look like you can use PDF receipts with the Android app.

Adam

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 613Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @adamschuetze! You should definitely be able to attach a PDF. What error are you getting?

edited August 23

Hi Nicole,

Below are screenshots from the Android app, showing the problem I'm seeing:

First, I go to my expenses

I tap "Create Expense", and then I get this:

I tap on "Manually create", and I get this:

Then I tap on the icon for receipt (with the + at the bottom right corner of it):

Since I don't want to photograph a receipt (I want to import an existing PDF, that I received as an email attachment, for example), I tap the photo icon at the bottom left:

But you can see that PDFs are "grayed out". Is there a different way to attach a PDF to an expense entry?

edited August 23

Hi Nicole,

Perhaps I'm using the app wrong. I hope you can show me what I'm doing wrong.

First, I go to My Expenses, and tap "Create Expense"

The shade drops down as below, and I tap on "Manually Create".

I tap on the icon on the top right to add the receipt (it has the green + in the icon).

This launches the camera app.

I click the icon at the bottom left, which launches the file manager.

But you can see that PDFs are grayed out. I cannot select them. Is there a different way to attach PDFs to an expense entry?

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 613Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@adamschuetze I checked with my team and I was mistaken. PDFs can't be downloaded via the mobile app. They would need to be forwarded to [email protected] or uploaded via the website. Sorry for the confusion!