Rerun receipt matching to automatically merge any failed cc and receipt matches

lushlifeleolushlifeleo Expensify Customer Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer
edited April 2018 in Ideas

I often run into this issue where there's something that prevented a receipt from connecting, so I end up hunting for it's better half so I can merge them. Is there any way to run an automatic merge search again? I end up manually looking for the company name, but sometimes that's not enough.

Examples of situations where these manual fixes are required:

• Scheduled Submit (AKA the worst thing in the world) is turned on by accident (i wish that switch was real so I could put tape on it) and all your receipts and card transactions are getting dumped onto a report and never getting merged
  • Someone didn't write the tip and total on their receipt scan so the totals don't match, only the name and the date
  • Smart Scan gets something wrong or the merchant name on the receipt doesn't match the transcation's name, or the company puts more than one transaction on a receipt.
  • No reason at all - merchant has the same name, the date and the total are the same, it just didn't happen.

I must spend hours a month between me and my team on this. Is there a feature I haven't noticed for rerunning something like that... or something new expensify can do (let's say let us run a search, or offer possible matches) - that'd make my life.

9 votes

Not Developing · Last Updated

Closing due to lack of interest

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,317 Expensify Team

@lushlifeleo - this is a good idea. I think it is something multiple customers would find very useful.

I've gone ahead and changed this into an Idea post instead of a Discussion. As an Idea post, other customers will have the opportunity to vote for it and share their use cases. The more votes an idea has, the more likely it is to be placed on our roadmap.

If you have any colleagues or team members who would also like this functionality, I'd like to encourage you to have them vote for it as well.