Why is Sync Manager for Quickbooks Desktop single user only?

Julie_dime
Julie_dime Approved! Accountant Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer

Please allow more than one user to have sync manager open.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Julie_dime , as long as the Sync Manager is running with QuickBooks in the single location that it is installed, any admin on your policy will still be able to sync and export successfully from their own computer.

I'll see if I can find a more technical explanation for you, but in the meantime, can you explain the purpose of having the sync manager installed in multiple locations?

• Julie_dime
    Julie_dime Approved! Accountant Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer

We're in a remote desktop environment, with multiple admin users logged in. All working in respective QB files.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Julie_dime , you should be able to all happily work in QB and export reports from Expensify to QuickBooks Desktop, they key thing is that there is only one instance of the Sync Manager running on your remote server, and it's running in the same location as the QuickBooks company file. It doesn't actually matter who exports the report, as long as the components are all running on the server.

The reason we need the token tied to one instance of the sync manager is so that we guarantee who is giving us the info back when we request it from QuickBooks. If two users/instances have the same token, then they both respond to our commands and this would duplicate the job.

I hope that makes sense!