Should I have a Policy?

SystemSystem Posts: 28 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Introduce yourself!.

Best Answer

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 530 admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @ScotR - Kia ora! Welcome to the Expensify Community!

There are a few reasons why you may be seeing a Policy under your Admin tab:

1. You had one in past for a previous role
    2. You created a 'trial' one
    3. You have been invited to one belonging to someone else

My money is on #2. Super common to create a Policy when trying out Expensify. The good news it that if you don't want to continue with it, you can delete it. Here's a comparison chart so that you know what functionality you're giving up.

Before you delete a mistakenly created Policy, make sure all of your existing reports are set to Policy '(none)', so that you can continue to edit them.

You can have one Expensify account per email address, so if you think you may also have created more than one account against multiple email addresses, you can go to Account Settings > Account to merge your accounts together.

IF you are actually on an old company Policy for a company you no longer work for, the company's Policy Admin will need to remove you themselves. Please come back to me if you suspect this is the case!

Answers

• ScotRScotR Posts: 1

Hi! I'm new to Expensify... well been uploading some receipts on what I thought was the free account. Entered the company (I am now elsewhere) where I used to hang my real estate license and now it reflects that the company is a "policy" .. I am not sure if I want to have a policy? Now I have to have my receipts "approved" but by whom I have no idea - it should be me. Would you please explain what it is? I just changed myself to "Personal" and want to determine how to combine the other 2 accidental expense accounts I created into just one account. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! Aloha, Scot and Sue