Any Mexico-based credit cards that integrate with Expensify?

andresfranklin
andresfranklin Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Is there a Mexico-based credit card that will integrate with Expensify? (i.e, auto upload expenses)

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi there!

We highly recommend using a credit card that supports a commercial feed. Expensify bank feeds are run through the three major card providers (VISA, Mastercard, American Express), and we've developed compatible infrastructure and partnership to make this an easy process.

This means it's up to the particular bank in question as to whether or not they are willing to enable the feed, so if you're evaluating providers, you can ask them if they allow for commercial data feeds such as VCF (VISA) or CDF (Mastercard) being connected to third party platforms, like Expensify.

Of course another user of Expensify may have more information to share about a specific bank in Mexico, so this will also act as a friendly bump to get more visibility across the community.

• Marcarlos1
    Marcarlos1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I tried with CitiBanamex. It links to Citi USA and it didn't go thru.

In the list I spotted Scotiabank, but I don't have a credit card with them... I see thou it links to scotiabank.com and not sure if it would have to link to scotiabank.com.mx...

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

@Marcarlos1, you're correct here. You would need to have an account on the correct domain that Expensify supports in order for the connection to work. So if you log in to scotiabank.com.mx but Expensify directs to scotiabank.com, it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to connect your card I'm afraid.