Quickbooks vendors and Sync

JulieannPina
JulieannPina Approved! Accountant Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Integrations and API

What process do you recommend to ensure the correct, exact spelling of the vendor name is what is used in Expensify? We want to use the billable expenses feature and that requires an exact match to the Quickbooks name for that vendor. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓

Hey there,

We typically suggest that you have your users set up Expense Rules in order to make sure that the merchants listed on their expense reports are an exact match of the pre-existing vendors that you have setup in QuickBooks. Expense Rules are set at the individual account level, so what you’ll want to do is have each of your users go Account Settings via Settings > Your Account > Expense Rules

As an example, if you have a vendor setup in QuickBooks called “Amazon,” and you notice these expenses showing up in Expensify called “amazon” or “amz*” you can create rules to change both of those to “Amazon”:

I would suggest giving your users a list of the rules that you’d like them to create.

I also wanted to clarify that you don’t necessarily need to match your expenses to a specific vendor in order to take advantage of our Billable Expenses feature. As long as your billable expenses are tagged with a Customer/Project that’s been imported from QuickBooks, you should be able to export those successfully.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!