Trouble Adding New Hire to Policy

Options
kmiller
kmiller Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I've been successfully adding new hires to our policy for over a year now, and suddenly, I'm getting weird, conflicting error messages when I try to add a new employee--none of which are true, all on the same screen, as follows:

1. Insufficient User Permissions (I'm cleary a POLICY ADMIN)
    Domain admin privileges are required to invite new users to Expensify. Please contact the domain owner and have them add you as a domain admin to defiant.com.

2. Policy sharing successful! (Employee did not receive invitation, nor did he show up on the Employee list.)

3. The users you've invited are already in this policy under a different email. (Not sure how!)

I also tried sharing the link, and he's not able to join with the link.

Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @kmiller - thanks for posting!

A domain admin and a policy admin are separate levels of permissions. If a domain is validated in Expensify, it locks down account creation using emails that match the domain.

If you're not a domain admin, you'll need to ask a domain admin to invite you as one in order to invite new users.

In regard to the second point, where the invite appeared successful but the employee didn't receive it, this is most often caused by spam or filters scooping up the invite first. Can you ask the employee to double check those areas and let us know if they can find the email?

For the third point, I think I'll need some more information, so I'll reach out to you for an email I can look into more closely. This sounds like the employee is using a different primary login email than you're expecting, and they have already added the email you're trying to invite as a secondary login on their account.

Thanks!

• JusToursUSA_AP01
    JusToursUSA_AP01 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

We have been successfully adding new employee contacts in Expensify. However, since last week we are getting error: "Domain admin privileges are required to invite new users to Expensify. Please contact the domain owner and have them add you as a domain admin to juscollege.com". Can you suggest a way to solve this issue. There are some employee whose domain of email are different from the domain of expensify account. In such case, how those employees can be invited.