odometer pictures disappear???

tim03partstim03parts Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Can anyone explain after the last update why the mileage picture of an odometer disappear if you don't complete the ending mileage on the same day the beginning mileage is logged? Example I drove to the airport on 4/23 to fly out of town and logged my beginning mileage and took a picture of it. Because of traffic I was running late and did not get to add the ending mileage and get a picture of it before heading into the airport to catch my flight. When I get back on Thursday evening I plan to take a picture of my ending mileage and finish that entry into Expensify. I also was starting my mileage for 4/26 as well (after ending that from 4/23) and the 4/23 entry was NO LONGER THERE! This never used to happen. I would hope an adjustment can be made to the program so this can be brought back.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,129 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @tim03parts - welcome to the community and thank you so much for reporting this. I'm going to do some research on my end and see if I can't figure out what is happening here.

I'll circle back with you on this thread once I've learned some more information to share.

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 218 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @tim03parts - I've spent a bit of time over the last few days really trying to replicate this to no avail. Would you be able to run me through exactly how you're entering one of these Odometer expenses? You're definitely hitting Save after the first picture where the below message will show in the app after this occurs?

However, when you return to enter the second Odometer reading, is the issue that the original picture is not saved, or is it that the entire Partial Expense no longer appears available for editing?

Apologies if I've misunderstood, but are you able to confirm the exact behaviour if I seem to be way off! I think the quicker we can pin down how to recreate this, the quicker we can get a fix on the way!

• SGordonSGordon Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I have been having the same problem the last few days. I take the photo at the beginning of my trip and save it. I get the reminder that I need to take the photo for the end of my trip. So, I take that photo at the end of my day and the first photo has disappeared so my whole day of travel is now invalid. I see other people having this same issue. Please advise.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 994 Expensify Success Coach

@SGordon thanks for this info (and welcome!). @tim03parts would you mind confirming whether this is the same issue you are facing?

• LisaALisaA Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I have an employee with a similar problem. He has the photos but they are not being recorded in the app...

• TeriTeri Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I'm having a similar problem where I save the first odometer reading, and then go back later in the day to enter the final reading, and the initial partial entry is missing. This has been going on for about 4 weeks. I've been using the app for over a year in the same manner with no issues.

• tim03partstim03parts Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Teri,
    I don't know what happened but apparently the issue was with my Iphone. I had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work correctly. It's been working correctly since but only issue now is it won't hold the date. You will have to back the day up if you wait until the next morning to finish your entry.

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Posts: 218 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @tim03parts, @Teri, @LisaA & @SGordon - just a quick follow up here to say we've now identified the Odometer issue and during the last week we've tested a few fixes with a small group who reported this to us. I'm happy to report we have a fix in the works for the next mobile app release.

Keep your eyes on the Google Play and iOS App Store's for the update coming soon!