Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Amazon Auto Receipt Capture

scottgauvinscottgauvin Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I find I'm regularly going to Amazon to capture a copy of a receipt to match it to my credit card transactions. It would be great to have a connector to my Amazon account where it would automatically download and match my credit card and amazon transactions.

7 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,316 Expensify Team

Hi @scottgauvin - thanks for sharing! I'd recommend using our Google Chrome extension to quickly take a photo of your Amazon receipt (and any receipt on any webpage that you want to add to Expensify). The receipt image will be uploaded to Expensify and sent through SmartScan. Once SmartScanned it should automatically merge with any matching imported credit card expense.

You can find the download for our extension here!

Don't forget to vote for your own idea!

• KPeakKPeak Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Sheena Trepanier I was just about to ask the same question as Scott. The Chrome extension works great for PC's but we have some MacBook users who do not use or want to use Chrome as their web browser. I thought I could just have them email the receipts in from Amazon but the order confirmation emails from Amazon don't have the actual product listed. The emails just say something like "your order has shipped" and you have to click on them and go to Amazon.com to actually view the product receipt.

Any suggestions here? We do a lot of purchases from Amazon. Thank you!

• scottgauvinscottgauvin Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I could not get the extension to work properly with my mac so I use FileThis. It downloads all my receipts from amazon and once a month I drop them onto expensify for upload and they automatically match. This works 80% of the time, but there are still a few that don't quite work.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,316 Expensify Team

Hi @KPeak, is this in the scenario when the order includes multiple items or all receipts? The reason I ask is because I tested this just to be sure and the receipt I received from Amazon included the order total in the email body.

I'm wondering if Amazon has receipt settings that can be adjusted, or if they use different types of receipts if you have a business account. Do you use an Amazon Business account or a regular account?

• KPeakKPeak Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

@Sheena Trepanier Hmm.. I don't see a way to customize the order confirmation on Amazon. And even if I order one item, it still doesn't say the full item in the body of my order confirmation email. I have a regular Prime account (not business). What do most Apple users do to make this easy? I'm sure people buy a lot on Amazon that they need to expense! Thanks!

@KPeak, to be clear, does the receipt fail to SmartScan when you forward it to Expensify? If it does, is the issue that the receipt Amazon sends you contains the purchase information but not the full name of the item that was ordered?

We haven't heard reports of other customers unable to upload their Amazon email receipts, so I want to clarify if the receipt is missing the merchant, date and amount or just the full name of the item.

Thanks!

• ButteronadonutButteronadonut Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I'm also requesting this feature. Amazon reciepts are easy to print/download/smartscan/whatever. BUT I still spend 70% of my time on expense reports working on Amazon receipts.

Sure I could set up forwarding emails, but emails don't have CC details, especially when a order is split up.

Wouldn't it be great if all Amazon orders could be inherently linked to my expensify account and I never have to use an extension or email or download pdfs ever again for Amazon purchases?