My expense report is marked as closed

Options
dconcannon
dconcannon Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

My reports are marked as Closed - what does that mean? Thanks Dan

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @dconcannon -- When your expense reports are marked as closed, it can mean a few different things.

1. If you're using Expensify as a free account, Closed is the status of reports after they've been completed. For this scenario you can consider closed reports as finished reports.
    2. If you're using Expensify because of your company, a Closed report generally means an approval workflow either hasn't been setup yet, or that is the state your company wants reports to be in.

If you're using it for your company, I recommend reaching out to a manager for some additional insight into how your company wants expenses submitted and if they'll be using approval.

Some resources you might find useful are below!

Day 1 in Expensify for employees - here.
    Submitting reports - here

• Mark_Kavanagh1
    Mark_Kavanagh1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options
    1. If you're using Expensify as a free account, Closed is the status of reports after they've been completed. For this scenario you can consider closed reports as finished reports.

This explanation makes no sense, it just uses different terms for Closed (i.e. Completed, Finished). In the free version, as an Admin what happens when I Close an expense report? Is it approved, does it get paid, do I have to manually mark it as reimbursed? The system will "process" the reports on a Sunday automatically, is it the same thing here? Do I just Close the request to approve it? Then reimburse the request? The workflow is not very clear.