Expenses report exports to Quickbooks as a Supplier Credit

SatguineSatguine Posts: 4

Hi,
I am wondering why my expense report are exporting to Quickbooks as a Supplier Credit instead of a Vendor Bill (the way it's set up in Expensify).
Anyone can help on fixing that? I've browsed all setting but can't manage to find what I'm doing wrong...
Thanks!

Best Answers

• tylerzolltylerzoll Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@Satguine, Are you using QBO or QBD? I'm leaning more toward an issue in QuickBooks if you have Expensify set up to export as a Vendor Bill.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 717 admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Satguine - the only report I see which has been exported to QuickBooks Online is ID 31217136 with a balance of €20.65.

This is a reimbursable report, and as per your configurations settings, it should be exporting as a Journal to your Accounts Payable account.

Generally exporting as Journals directly is not ideal, I would recommended you export reimbursables as a Vendor Bill where you raise a bill against the employee to be paid by the company.

The strange thing about this report is that both expenses have been added as negative balances. I imagine this would be why it appears to be a credit to your AP account. It's not a good idea to export negative expenses unless you have a credit balance on the same report to offset them against. e.g. a $20 negative 'reimbursable' personal expense offset against a $30 reimbursable work expense which leaves a $10 reimbursable balance to export to QBO.

Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about this.

Answers