Pricing is Confusing

JaniceFJaniceF Posts: 6

I may be late to this topic but better late than never. This new pricing model is soooo confusing. All I know for sure is that we have 4 uses billing at 9$ per month. What price will I be charged if I add new users today?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,513 admin

Hi @JaniceF - Thanks for joining the community and posting a great question!

Since you're currently using an Annual Subscription set for 4 active users, you have two choices to add more active users.

The first option is to increase your Annual Subscription to a number that matches how many active users you're going to have moving forward. (Below)

The second option is to pay for these active users at the Flex price, which means you're not resetting your annual commitment and you have the maximum flexibility.

Adding new active users today won't cost you anything. Since we bill at the first of the month for the previous month's activity, you won't see any additional charges until your June billing.

• JaniceFJaniceF Posts: 6

Thank-you for showing me where the billing options are listed. So any new users are $18 vs the $9 we've been paying

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,513 admin

Hi @JaniceF - If you're using an Annual Subscription, you can add any new users at the $9 rate instead of the $18 rate by increasing your subscription by that number of new users.

For example, let's pretend I have a company using Expensify who has an Annual Subscription for 8 active users. I would expect to see a bill each month for $72. Two months have gone by, and it's now June. I know that I have two new employees starting in July who will submit expenses through Expensify.

Sometime after the 1st of July, I would log into the billing owner's account and navigate to the Account Settings > Billing tab. There, I would update my subscription amount from 8 active users to 10 active users.

This ensures that my new employees are charged at the $9 rate instead of the $18 rate, and my Annual Subscription term would restart for a fresh 12-month commitment at 10 active users.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have other questions.

• DavesterDavester Posts: 2

@Sheena Trepanier thanks for the info. Using the above example. Let's say August 2nd rolls around and I decide that the 10 expected users did not actually occur. What will the July charge be? (I'm guessing 10x$9 = $90/for July)...is this correct? For August, If I decide to 'right size' and change to 9 active users, then would there be any additional charge for the month of August for doing so? Is there a 'penalty charge' to go from 10 active users one month to 9 active users the following month?

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 717 admin

Hi @Davester ,

There is no 'penalty' for anything. If you decide to reduce your annual subscription before the year is up, you will just pay the Flex price for the users you removed. So for that one user you would just have a balance of $9 per month outstanding. So $9 for July.

When we do the next billing run on 1 Sept, we'll look at who was active that month and if it's one over, you will be billed $18 under flex for the month, plus the annual, otherwise it will be the usual annual subscription amount for 9 users.