Expensify approval chain and syncing

rsmithrsmith Posts: 1

Hi there, I recently was added as a second admin to our Expensify account, and we've three problems that we can't resolve:
1. No matter how many times we check the setting so that I don't need to manually approve each manually-entered invoice, it keeps asking that approve each one individually. The first approver has already done this.
2. We've set me up as the second and final approval and reimbursement, but every report keeps getting looped back to the original admin, who is no longer the final approver/reimburser.
3. We can't sync from my computer and log in, only from the first admin's.

All of these problems have cost us a tremendous amount of time, and we need to resolve these problems. We're having difficulties with the time and the level of support we're being offered through Expensify's chat support.

Can you recommend an independent consultant (maybe a former employee?) who can offer us the level of support that we need in order to continue to use this software? We appreciate your help.

Answers

• DaveweezDaveweez Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

hey @rsmith - hit me up at [email protected] - ill see if i can help. Then you can post the solution here for all to see the resolution :)

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,832 admin

Hi @rsmith - thanks for posting and I'm happy to help with this. I took a look at your company setup and was able to see the approval loop that you mentioned, but it looks to be happening for the Euro policy.

In the Euro policy, you are set to Approve and Forward reports to Gl***@, which is why the reports are looping. If you're meant to be the final approver, you shouldn't have an Approve to rule set for your email.

Regarding the other two matters, I'll reach out to you via email so that we can work on resolving them together. Please be on the lookout for an email from me, and once we're finished troubleshooting we can update this thread with the information for resolving this.