We've identified an issue with our commercial card automated, background data sync system. The system has temporarily been turned off while we investigate a fix. You can still manually update your expense data by using the Update button in your personal Account Settings > Credit Card Import section.
Updates will be posted to our status page as soon as we have more details. 

Check out the new Webinar category here! You'll find:

• Signs ups for future webinars

• Recordings of previous webinars

• Transcripts of previous webinar Q&A sessions

New Policy for Canada employees

Rjain1Rjain1 Posts: 3

hello,
I am new to expensify so dont have much knowledge on how things work here..still learning. I need to create a new policy for personnel card for an employee in canada. for starters, i have duplicated the same policy for US employee. But can you help me with the next steps on what i need to change or add for the canada policy? Thanks

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,259 admin

Hi @Rjain1 - thank you for joining and posting to the Community! I'd love to help you with this and any questions that come up.

You said that you duplicated your US policy, which is always a perfect first step. Can you tell me more about any specific questions you have or issues you're experiencing right now?

I also wanted to share this post from our community. There you will find a link to sign up for our upcoming Admin webinar. This webinar covers the Admin role and is an excellent resource for someone new to the tool.

• Rjain1Rjain1 Posts: 3

Hi @Sheena Trepanier
    Thank you for your response. i just need an overview on how to set up a policy for the Canada employee. what all, in the policy that i duplicated from US, do i need to change?

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,259 admin

Hi @Rjain1 - What needs to be changed will depend on how the US and Canadian expenses need to be submitted differently. We don't have a stock template for a Canadian policy to work from since each company's need is specific.

When you duplicated the US policy, which settings did you copy over? Typically, you'll want to ensure the categories, tags, and report tabs are fully configured. After that, you can invite employees from the People tab of the policy settings.

If you'd like to tell me a bit more about the needs of the Canadian team, I can direct you a bit better.