Make Report Fields Un-Sticky

LauraAlpineLauraAlpine Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Please add an option to have report fields revert to the field's default text or be blank (rather than whatever the user submitted the last time). Our users must change those fields every single time they create a report, and having them sticky to whatever was used last keeps resulting in rejected reports because the submitters forgot to update something... And since the fields come pre-filled out when they create a new report, it doesn't highlight to them that they need to change. So frustrating!

3 votes

Not Developing · Last Updated

Closing due to lack of interest

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,316 Expensify Team

Hi @LauraAlpine - Don't forget to vote for your idea, and share it with your team!

• KARKAR Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Newcomer
    We too are really struggling with new report fields 'remembering' (sticky) from past reports. For example in our Expense policy under Reports we created a field called 'Date Submitted'. According to the expense policy report it should default to today's date (20th Nov 2019). It says 'Initial Value: Current date'. I have just clicked on 'New Report' and it comes up with 17th May 2019, which (believe it or not) is the last report I submitted. We also have a field called 'Overall Description'. The 'Initial Value' is set to be blank. However every new report I create fills in the 'Overall Description' field from my last report. No matter how many times we have tried to communicate the need to change these two fields before submission, inevitably most of our staff are forgetting. As a result it is creating a lot of extra work for our Finance team. Please can't this be altered? Many thanks.