Can I change the currency in a report already completed

Cindy_UICC
Cindy_UICC Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

An employee has compiled a whole report on his free version of Expensify outside my policy. He did it in EUR but I need to receive it in USD. Is there a way to change the currency without having to redo the whole report ?

Best Answer

• rclark
    rclark Expensify Customer Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer
    Answer ✓

If he hasn't submitted it yet, he can go into the report and click the little pencil on the left to edit the report. Select all of the expenses and a button will appear that reads: Edit Multiple. After clicking that, he will then be able to change the currency for all of them at once.

If he's already submitted his report but you haven't approved it, you can reject it so he can make the changes. If you have approved it already, there's a button to unapprove. I hope this helps!

Answers

• goueOUASUGLI
    goueOUASUGLI Expensify Customer Posts: 1

That doesn't help at all that just turns all of the entries into one currency but not at the equivalent value, so you then have to go back through returning the entries to the original currency and the overall currency of the report doesn't change and I resent how your bad advice has wasted my time

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 107 Expensify Team

@goueOUASUGLI thanks for reaching out, but note that this thread is 4 years old and has been answered by our Expensify customer community. I'm not 100% sure of your situation, but when a report is submitted on a particular group policy, the entire report will be in the currency that the group policy is set to. Changing individual expense currencies is not necessary. Please reach out to concierge@expensify.com and we can take a closer look for you!