Allow Receipts to be Attached after Approval/Submission

ANSylviaANSylvia Posts: 6Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

We export our reports and import them into our accounting system, and we give our cardholders due dates for their reports so as not to hold up reconciliation. This often leads to reports being submitted before they have all receipts. We need the receipts and want them with the report, but for reconciliation with the GL, that doesn't matter. It'd be nice if they could attach a receipt to a report after it's been submitted and approved. Otherwise, I have to unapprove and reject it just so they can attach it.

20 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• rclarkrclark Posts: 18Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Don't forget to vote for your own idea!

We have the same exact problem. So right now I'm having to keep those receipts like I used to do before we started using Expensify. I wish I could vote for this idea more than once!

• GingeGinge Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

This is true for us also. Especially for company credit cards which have some key business subscription expenses which need to be accounted for before EOM. It would be good if as an admin I could attach receipts to submitted reports on their behalf before final approval.

• RI_8806RI_8806 Posts: 14Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I've dealt with this problem too, and I usually try to chase them down for a receipt before I export, but that bottlenecks my month-end process. :(

• JanelleJanelle Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

This would be such a time saver.

• julieannjulieann Posts: 4Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    We have the same problem. I NEED this feature
  • Michelle NiemiMichelle Niemi Posts: 50Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Thank you for your suggestion. An Admin is able to add receipts even after the report has been Submitted/Approved. The users currently are not able to do this. 
  • ANSylviaANSylvia Posts: 6Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    I am an admin. When I try to drag and drop the receipt I get: "Hold on there partner!
    Receipt drag-and-drop is only permitted for your own reports in an open state, for reports submitted to you, and for policy admins. We've gone ahead and added this receipt to your Receipts page for safe keeping." 

Since we cannot access the receipts page outside of an expense, it's not a preferred method for anything.

I don't want to go to my receipts page, I want it to attach per usual. I also don't want to be doing every users' report for them. They are responsible for the receipts, not me. 
  • Maddy LewisMaddy Lewis Posts: 25Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    Hi @ANSylvia - This is an interesting example that I would like to look into further. Can you write to [email protected] outlining the scenario as you have for us here? Can you please also include the Report ID for the report that's giving you this error message? 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! My support team should be able to get to the bottom of this :)