We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Notification of violations

Jon_FoulkesJon_Foulkes Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

Is there a way for Expensify to email or text that there are violations sitting against a report? I know it is displayed in the inbox but I'd like an alert to be sent if possible.

Best Answers

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team
    Accepted Answer

Oh my goodness @Jon_Foulkes ! I'm sorry, I totally wandered off! :#

Yes, it should definitely be notifying your team members before the submission date that there are violations holding up submission. However if the violations are not hard-stop violations, there won't be a warning.

In my opinion, I think it's good practice for users to add a 5 min recurring appointment to their calendar for the day before submission, to do a quick check that everything looks good. Because of course, just because something doesn't have a violation doesn't mean it's correct. A stitch in time, saves nine and all that jazz.

(Yes, I do work for Expensify! =) )

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team
    Accepted Answer

It could also be happening if the Scheduled Submit frequency was changed recently. If you don't see these come through in the next couple of weeks @Jon_Foulkes, can you please email [email protected] and feel free to reference this thread.

I'd like to raise it with our engineering team if it doesn't remedy itself.

Answers