We’re currently making some incredible improvements to SmartScan! During this time, you may experience delays of up to 24 hours for receipts completing SmartScan. This should be a short-term inconvenience that results in significant improvements to both SmartScan processing times and accuracy going forward. Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies in advance! 

Why are my expenses going into random reports?

KKellerKKeller Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
edited June 11 in Using Expensify

This just started a week or so ago. We will use the smartscan feature and it will just dump the expense into a random report.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,094 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @KKeller, welcome to the Community. Typically this is caused by the Scheduled Submit feature, which is located in your Account Settings > Preferences section.

Did you recently disable this feature in your account?

• KKellerKKeller Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

It was disabled then we changed the admin in which the reports are submitted to which then turn it back on so we turned it back off. How do we resolve this?

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 952 Expensify Success Coach

Hi @KKeller,

The way to consolidate the reports is to reopen them all, have each user delete all reports but one, and then add all their unreported expenses to the one report and submit.

The way to prevent it in future is to ensure that users give their reports a quick check over before the submission date, to just make sure they have no violations preventing submission.

Scheduled Submit is a fantastic automated feature, but it's not magical - it does still require humans to check they have coded their expenses and added receipts. A 5 min Friday afternoon calendar appointment each week can make all the difference! :)

We have the schedule submit off because we do not want them to be auto submitted. The problem we are having is expenses being dumped into the wrong report when they are smart scanned.

Hello @KKeller - thanks for circling back to this thread. Can you tell me more about how the receipts are being uploaded? Are the receipts being uploaded via the mobile app?

Yes, they are being uploaded with the app.
    This all started when we did an admin change but not sure how to revert it.

• K_HalK_Hal Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hello, we are having a similar problem as KKeller. Some of our credit card transactions are showing up as expense reports, rather than credit card reports. I realize that the credit card feed is supposed to link up with the scanned receipt once the credit card feed arrives. However, that's not happening consistently. In some instances the receipt is on an expense report and then the credit card feed comes in and creates an additional expense report.

@KKeller , it's highly likely that this is related to the Mobile app. The 'Add to Report' field is 'sticky' meaning it remembers the previous setting used. When you users add expenses via the app, get them to tap 'More Options' and check the report selected or change to 'none'.

@K_Hal your issues might be more related to Scheduled Submit which adds expenses to reports and submits them (monthly for you).

All of your expenses, whether they are cash receipts or card transactions, should add to an expense report and then submit at the end of the month. But, if there are violations, they'll be held back on another report.

I see yours are set to the 26th of the month - I recommend your users add a little reminder to their calendar for the working day prior to the 26th, so that they can do a quick check that all card transactions have merged and have receipts, and that everything is coded with category and tag.

• K_HalK_Hal Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I get confused because credit card transactions and cash transactions are arriving on the same report. I was under the impression that each employee would have 2 reports; one for non-reimbursable credit card transactions that later get exported as a vendor payable, and one for reimbursable cash transactions that later get exported as an employee expense report. Are you saying that both types of transactions will end up on the same report?

Hello @K_Hal, thanks for circling back to this. When using Scheduled Submit, we only create a single report for the policy in the submission frequency you select.

Unless employees specifically move their non-reimbursable or reimbursable expenses to a separate report, they will be included in the same one.