Browser stalling when attempting to add or modify expense

emonkey
emonkey Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Integrations and API

So very recently the desktop version just partially greys out the whole window when I try to add or modify an expense, any workaround? Is this related to the windows update?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @emonkey, welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. This sound like it might be a browser issue, so I was wondering if you could try the following steps.

1. Try to take the same action from a new browser -- If you're using IE now, try Chrome or Firefox.
    2. If it works in a different browser, but you don't want to switch to the new browser, try to clear the cache and cookies in your original browser.
    3. If the issue continues into the new browser, please open your JS console and recreate the issue. When the screen greys out, please take a screenshot and blue any private info before sharing it with me here.

To open your JS console:
    Chrome/Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+J
    Chrome/Mac: CMD+ALT+J
    Firefox/Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+I
    Firefox/Mac: CMD+ALT+K
    Internet Explorer: F12 to open Developer Tools, then click the Console tab or button
    Safari: CMD+ALT+C after enabling Develop menu (Go to Preferences > Advanced, enable "Show Develop Menu" in the menu bar)

Thanks!

• emonkey
    emonkey Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi Sheena, I tried it in Chrome and it works, normally using Edge. I cleared Cache in Edge and Voila! Thank you works again.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @emonkey thanks for circling back and letting me know!