We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Attribute-value mapping is missing error when uploading CSV

SystemSystem Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 47 Expensify Team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Number format for CSV files.

Comments

• diegocaldiegocal Expensify Customer Posts: 15 Expensify Newcomer

I think this is related to what pepping said:
    When importing CSV from a Belgian bank I got this message:

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

hi @diegocal - thanks for sharing this screenshot, it's very helpful to get on the same page as you.

This error indicates that our system wasn't able to automatically figure out which columns in your spreadsheet contained the merchant, date and amount. When you get this error, you will need to map the columns manually.

In the screenshot below, I've highlighted the dropdowns you can use to map the columns. The only columns that are required to be mapped are the merchant, date, and amount. (below)

For example, if the first column in your spreadsheet contained merchant names, you'd map Column 1 in Expensify to the merchant by selecting "merchant" from the dropdown I highlighted above.

• diegocaldiegocal Expensify Customer Posts: 15 Expensify Newcomer

Hey Sheena, the problem is that colum1 contain several values as the system cannot recognize ";" as a separator. Remember that in Europe the separator is not "," because we use it as a number decimal. So ten euros fifteen cents is expressed 10,15 €.

Is it any way to change the number format in Expensify?

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

Hi @diegocal - Just a heads up, I have replied on this thread regarding the comma in spreadsheet imports.