Why can't I edit my expense immediately?

NadyaNadya Posts: 3Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Day to Day

Hi there! Could someone help me to figure out what is causing a hanging out of adding an expense thru mobile app. In fact I cannot submit a new expense at all, as after adding, it shows Uploading... and when I try to open it, the following message appears Please wait until the expense is synched before editing.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,911Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Nadya, welcome to the Community! When you upload a new expense, the mobile app syncs the new information with the web version of your account.

During this sync, we block you from making edits to the uploading expenses so that we don't miss any information you manually enter. This should take just a few seconds, but I've had syncs take as long as 30 seconds before if I've been on a poor connection or had a lot of information to sync.

If your expenses have been syncing for longer than 5 minutes, please take the two steps below and let me know how it goes.

1. Pull down on your mobile app screen, this should trigger a refresh of your Expenses page.
    2. Navigate to your Account Settings and use the "Sync Account" button to trigger a full account sync.
  • NadyaNadya Posts: 3Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi, Sheena, thanks for the reply! I've tried both options, you have suggested even before I asked my question to the Community. Do we have anything else that may help to solve this issue?

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 928Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @Nadya - can you try turning off your location services for Expensify and see if this helps? Sometimes the uploading can get a bit hung up if it can't determine the GPS. (I'm hoping you are not travelling because we use this to help detemine currency)

• NadyaNadya Posts: 3Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hi there! Thanks for the recommendation, but I didn't find where to turn off location services particularly in Expensify app. It was turned off for the whole phone. Well, what ever. I managed to solve this issue by removing all data for the app.
    And I would like to thank you everyone who has responded on my request.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 928Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Thanks @Nadya for letting us know! Sounds extreme, but I'm glad you got it sorted!

• brettskibrettski Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

I had the same issue. Turning off location services didn't help. Using version 8.0.6.1 on Android. Using the "Clear Data" for the Expensify App made the synching work again.

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Posts: 73Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach

Hey @brettski! Welcome to the Expensify Community...and a big thank you for providing another solution to this problem! It's great to see Expensify users sharing troubleshooting tips in the Community. :star: