Company Cards - Webinar Q&A - 05 July 2018

RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 960Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Setup

Is there a recorded version of this webinar that can be viewed on demand?
You can access the recording here.

Can I get that overview doc?
You can find it here.

Can employees still reconcile on their own and then submit?
Yes! While we do offer automatic submission options to make the entire process easier for admins, it's still possible for a user to reconcile expenses on their own. The Reconciliation Dashboard is only available to Domain Admins, but employees can compare their reports to their bank statements to make sure they have reported everything.

Card connections

Can I use Expensify without a auto card feed - we want to get employees to manually enter card transactions as non-reimbursable expenses?
You could, yes, but adding the cards as a feed will ensure that your users are reporting all of their corporate card expenses and you will be able to use the Reconciliation Dashboard. When you import corporate cards into Domain Control you can set them to always import as non-reimbursable.

We are UK based and we don't have the facility available for a direct feed.
Some UK banks, such as Barclays offer direct corporate card feeds. I would recommend reaching out to your bank to find out if they support a CDF, VCF or a GL1025 feed.

Group decision made that they don't want to use auto feed... so can I assign corporate card to employee as well as cash expenses but keep them as separate reports?
Yup! The automation of report creation and submission is controlled by the Scheduled Submit feature. As long as that is disabled, users will need to manually combine expenses into appropriate reports for submission.

Effectively corporate card expenses are not reimbursable and cash expenses are reimbursable - how do you set this up?
If you import the corporate cards under Domain Control, as the admin, you will be able to select "import as non-reimbursable". Then all expenses imported from these cards will import as non-reimbursable. You can then enable "import cash expenses as reimbursable" under policy settings under Admin > Policy > Expenses.

We use NatWest... we are not looking to change banks.
NatWest/Royal Bank of Scotland also offer direct corporate card feeds. I'd recommend reaching out to them to find out if they support a CDF, VCF or a GL1025 feed.

Where can you add a field for the employee that is the accounting AP code for the export file?
This is done in Admin > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards - click the blue cog on the assigned card and select the AP account.

Can an employee be assigned more than one card?
They sure can!

So I can set up a company card as a 'personal card' and manually submit - can I set a credit card as non-reimbursable or will employee need to select this on each item?
You can set a card as non-reimbursable both when importing through Domain Control as an admin and when importing through personal Account Settings.

Credit Card Reconciliation Dashboard

Why do some of the company cards approved totals for the statement date range match the statement but other cards do not?
Great catch! The two columns indicate the Total amount incurred in the date range, as well as the Unreported amount incurred in the date range. Unreported expenses are expenses that have not yet been added to an expense report. If the numbers are the same, that means none of the expenses have been added to a report. If the numbers are different, it indicates that some of the expenses have been added to a report, but there are still unreported expenses. Ideally, you want the Approved total to be the same as the statement and the Unapproved to be $0.

Does the reconciliation dashboard work with Debit cards?
The Reconciliation Dashboard will work with any card that's been imported via Domain Control. If a Debit card can be imported via our Direct Bank Connections, you should be able to use the Reconciliation Dashboard with it.

Domain Control

For one of the reports, I got the following message "Concierge changed the policy of this report from Corporate Travel Card Policy to Employee Personal Cash Policy because an administrator updated the settings for your organization.". Question 1 - why and when does concierge change the policy? Question 2 - how can I find out what was changed and by which admin?
This sounds like the Policy was changed on the Domain Group. Concierge takes care of automatic system tasks. It's best practice to only have a couple of Domain Admins, and everyone should know what is happening. If you have concerns, reach out to our Success team at [email protected] who can check the logs.

Integrations

With QBO I don't need the .csv export, correct?
That's correct! You can use our direct integration! To learn more about that, check out our help docs.

Does Expensify have any direct integrations with any 3rd party payroll providers?
Not at the moment, but I'd be happy to take note of which one you use and pass it to the product team for consideration!

Troubleshooting & Problem Solving

This there a way for the admin to merge duplicate receipts that are from other submitters if they failed to connect?
Yes, an Admin can merge Processing expenses from the Expenses page.

I am an admin for my company and there are times when I see cash expenses entered under corporate card policy. Is there a rule that we have Expensify trigger to stop employees from doing that?
There is no way to completely prevent users from submitting cash expenses.

If you have items on corporate card expenses that should not be (included in total receipt) can you highlight to employee and tell them need to repay?
You can leave notes in the Report History and you can reject expenses from a report with a note.

General

What is a use case for someone to add a personal card?
Personal cards are generally used when the user makes out of pocket work-related expenses they would like to report and be reimbursed for. These are imported in a user's account settings.

A tag is arbitrary meta data, correct?
No. Tags are assigned to expenses by the user. You'll see your tags under Admin > Policy > Tags, they can be set up manually or imported from your accounting system. Frequently they're used to keep track of Projects, Classes, Jobs, and Customers.

Can you categorize based on an specific word? For example "Uber"?
You can use Expense Rules to set this up! This feature is found under Account Settings > Expense Rules.

Can I get a copy of the workflow diagram for employee expenses?
You'll find that here.

Is it better to have a separate policy setup for non-reimbursable Company Card transactions or is it better to have them under the same policy as the regular reimbursable expenses?
That's ultimately up to you! If your company has different rules to apply to Company Card spend vs Reimbursable, Personal spend, it may be best to separate these types of spend by policy. However, if both types of spend will follow the same rules, they should be fine being submitted through the same policy.

Its also too easy for employees to use wrong category for expenses - can you limit which categories are available to each employee.
Categories are imported at the policy level. If you wanted to narrow down the category list, you would need to create a new policy, and only enable that sub-set of categories.

Can you limit categories avaiable per dept?
You could limit categories to people in a department if you had one Policy per department.

Can we preview the csv export file and how do you create / edit to get it into format required by your accounting software?
You can see your export formats under Admin > [Policy Name] > Export Formats and you can edit them from here also.

Can you utilize additional tags for the MCC?
At the moment there is no way to add additional MCC tags. But you can add regular tags under Admin > Policy > Tags.

Is it possible to have expenses under $75 without actual receipts flagged as violations without turning off eReceipts altogether? We have a lot of software expenses that are under $75 that do not have receipts, but we need to see receipts for all other purchases (especially if billable to the client). This has kept me from using scheduled submit since employees do need to take action on those.
Unfortunately the only way to flag the expenses under $75 without actual receipts, is to disable eReceipts. If you do disable this feature, you users could use email forwarding to forward a receipt they received by email to their account, they can also upload a screenshot of their bank statement or something similar. As long as there is an image or PDF assigned to the expense, it will count as a receipt.

Are we able to view all the "enabled" categories at the top of the list?
To sort your category list by enabled, click on the little triangles next to the top toggle on the gray bar.

This discussion has been closed.