How to import Classes at the expense level instead of the report level from QuickBooks Online

Options
Lis_Rhodes
Lis_Rhodes Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
edited July 2018 in Integrations and API

I left Expensify a few months ago and transferred over to Concur, as they had the functionality to code individual expenses to different departments or classes, within the same report. Concur was so bad in so many ways, I am now back, but the ability to change the class on an expense really should be a feature.

Best Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Lis_Rhodes, welcome to the Community and welcome back to Expensify! The great news is that we've always supported Classes at the expense level when connected to QuickBooks Online. I'm happy to show you how to make the change and answer any additional questions you have!

To update your QuickBooks Online settings for Classes to be expense level instead of report level, navigate to your Settings > Policies > Groups > click [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure button under QuickBooks Online > Coding tab. Once there, click on the dropdown for Classes and select the tag option. (Below)

Your policy will sync and the tag list should be selectable on the expense item level moving forward. If that isn't the case let me know!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

@Lis_Rhodes, you can set classes to be per expense level instead, you'll just need to edit your QuickBooks Online settings in Expensify first.

If you go to your QuickBooks Settings and change the Classes from a report level to a tag level import, you'd see the tags as an option to apply to each individual expense.

To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Log into your Expensify account using a web browser
    2. Click on Settings > Policies > Groups
    3. Click on the name of your policy
    4. Click on Connections
    5. Under the QuickBooks Online connection, you'll see a Configuration button, click that.
    6. Click on the Coding tab.
    7. Next to Classes, click on the dropdown and select "Tag (line-item level)"
    8. Click on the Save button to sync the connection.

After following the steps above, please create a new expense and you should see that the tags are now available at the expense level. Let me know if you run into any issues along the way and I'll be happy to help.

Answers