Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.

Split expenses become disconnected from each other

kashikindredkashikindred Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Scenario: I have a hotel bill that contains room charges and meal charges. I split the expense in my report. The report shows that each expense has been split from the original, but doesn't connect the two together so our accountant can verify that the two add up to the total on the receipt.

Request: Link split expenses together on a report (and I'm sure our accountant would love for them to be a single entry with split categories on export as well!)

8 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,325 Expensify Team

Hi @kashikindred, welcome to the Community! This sounds like the type of idea we want to have additional support for before we move forward with any plans to implement it.

I've moved this thread to our Ideas category so that other customers can vote for it and we can build a case for adding it. Don't forget to vote for your own idea and share it with team members or peers who also use Expensify and would support it.