Can you just take pictures of receipts without Smartscan?

Options
KarenM
KarenM Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

If you use the free account and don't have any smartscans, can you still upload a photo of a receipt for reference?

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @KarenM, you sure can! You can keep using the same button, and just fill the details in manually.

• RichParkerAK
    RichParkerAK Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

This is an old thread but I recently was asking why, when I take a snap of a receipt, I don't get the opportunity to review it first (clarity, focus, light, not visually cropped). It was definitely a 'tar baby' discussion - there didn't seem to be any way or interest by Ex to implement this.

The best advice I was given was to take pictures of the receipt the 'regular way' with my phone, check to make sure they are OK, and then manually upload them. Kind of a pain - and you'd think a big company like Expensify could figure this out.

I mean, honestly, if I run out of SmartScans - it will 'instantly' pop up my photo and tell me I'm out of SmartScans but that I can enter the data manually - how hard would it be to have an option for it to ALWAYS pop up what you just snapped, and ask you if it looks ok to upload.

Drives me crazy, but I wasted far too much time with the Concierge on this issue - but someday, I really do want to upload one of those Captcha pictures and ask Concierge how many of the squares have 'traffic lights' - I'm getting more and more convinced that I'm getting a ton of AI generated answers.....