Trouble connecting to Quickbooks Desktop

CVSAG
CVSAG Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Integrations and API

I cannot get through the last few steps of the QuickBooks Desktop Sync process. Once I have entered the token and it connects, I select continue, but instead of QuickBooks prompting me to allow access to the sync manager, it gives an error stating the company file is already open, and to close it if I want to open a new one. When I hit okay, the Expensify screen greys out over the message about allowing access and the wheel spins continuously. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have advice on how to resolve it?

Answers

• Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team Posts: 117 Expensify Team

Hey @CVSAG! Welcome to the Expensify Community! :blush:

There's a couple of troubleshooting steps we can take here. First, make sure you are using the most updated version of the Sync Manager. This can be downloaded directly from the Connections section of the policy. Head to Settings > [Policy Name] > Connections.

After you have downloaded the updated Sync Manager, use the Task Manager program on your computer to force stop every instance of QuickBooks Desktop.

Finally, restart the program, taking care to only open the company file that you are attempting to connect to. Alternatively, if you are wanting to set up a new company file, make sure there are no other company files open.

Let me know how it goes! :star: