We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Admin Webinar Q&A - 24 July 2018

RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Expensify Success CoachPosts: 939Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach
edited July 2018 in Webinars

Setup Tasks

Today's recording is here and the guide is here.

I just signed up for the team $5/mo subscription and want to be Admin for a startup company. Where/how do I set myself as Admin and begin inviting others?
When you created the policy, you should have been automatically designated as the Policy Admin. You can invite other users by navigating to Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People.

How can we set up a personal session with a real person? Our company is new to Expensify and we have a ton of questions.
Please reach out to [email protected] so we can discuss your requirements!

Are you going to go back to the beginning stages and talk about how to use the app and everything that is available. I thought this was an overview of the app and what/how you can use it.
This webinar is a walkthrough of the settings and features available to Expensify Admins. But you can watch user training here. (pending)

Are there Account Managers to walk through specific questions with your account rather than using the chat resource/docs?
Sure, reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Expenses

Can an admin/auditor make changes to line items (for example billable and reimbursable) for a user? Or must they reject?
Yes, the admin can change the reimbursable/ billable status while the report is still 'processing' and the coding etc right up to the point of export. However, you ideally want to train your users to do it correctly the first time around!

Is there a way for user or admin to make expense alterations in mass? For example adding a single tag or mark billable to 15 line items at once w/o drilling down to each expense individually?
Yes, this can be done from the Expenses page. You simply select the expense and hit 'Edit Multiple'.

If an employee uses the company card (that the company pays), but needs to still submit a receipt, do they not check "reimbursable"? And then choose "reimbursable" if they pay out of pocket?
When importing a card feed in Expensify, you can designate the default reimbursable state of an imported card. So for the company cards, you can set them to default to a non-reimbursable setting. Any out-of-pocket cards can be defaulted to reimbursable.

I have had some trouble with Expensify creating an expense automatically that has also been submitted by a user...and then not being able to merge the two.
This could be caused by a number of things. Please reach out to [email protected] with all the details and we will be able to troubleshoot this for you.

"Regarding reimbursable vs billable: on the reports we are getting, it shows a summary on top, illustrating the total “reimbursable” and total “billable”; however, there is no way to tell which receipts are reimbursable or billable in the report. There is only that general summary in the top right corner.
Each expense on a report which is different somehow will be marked with a symbol and a footnote in the notes section.

Managing People

Can you have more than one policy admin?
Yes, you can add as many policy admins as you need!

Can you set up approvals based on who is your supervisor, for example, Joe goes to Sally, and Eric goes to Thomas?
Yep! It sounds like you're interested in setting up an Advanced Approval workflow. I'd recommend taking a look at this article to get a sense of the best way to achieve your goal.

Integrations

"How do we make sure the TSheets customer/Job shows up on the employee’s expense report? Do I need to create a tag or maybe make a generic category called “customer” so the employee can enter the customer into that field? Or maybe there is a way this field can automatically populate on the receipts that our employees submit depending on which customer they are clocked into in TSheets? When should I create a “Tag” vs creating a “Category”?
Expensify will automatically record both your expense and the job code or customer that the time card is attached to in TSheets. Categories are your first main level of coding and generally correspond to your general ledger, whereas you can have different kinds of tag like location, office, customer etc.

Is there a way my employees can enter expenses into TSheets/Expensify in real time? As I understand it now, the only way for them to enter an expense is by actually by clocking out and then that prompts the Expensify app to allow them to add their entries.
This should occur when the time card is attached in TSheets. Please reach out to our team at [email protected]

If you need to have a connection established with QBO and then have any reimbursable expenses be sent to bill.com as a bill, how do you establish that connection?
If you use both Bill.com and QuickBooks Online, you can automatically send all vendor bills to QuickBooks Online, then pull those into Bill.com by syncing from Bill.com's side. This allows you to pull in coded vendor bills to Bill.com instead of just a PDF. Take a look at this help doc for more details.

Company Cards & Domain Control

We have some employees on one domain and some on another domain. We also have two Capital One accounts and the employees are intermixed between both credit cards. Will this impact our reconciliation? Also, will that impact the importing from either credit card website account?
You want to ensure one card is only allocated from one domain, but other than that, you should be fine with the same feeds into both Domains. You simply assign only the relevant cards and you will see only the assigned cards on the Credit Card Reconciliation Dashboard.

Can you pull a report with just the credit card receipts submitted?
You can filter expenses and reports by credit card from your Expenses and Reports page, then export to CSV if needed.

Advanced

So if Scheduled Submit is enabled, will the employee still need to Manually submit them?
Nope! They can sit back, relax, and let Scheduled Submit automatically submit their expenses. Unless, of course, you have set it to Manually.

We are trying to reduce paper receipts. To be compliant in case of audit, do we need to print the expense report for our files? Or if we ever had an audit, could we click on the expense report/receipt image link in Quickbooks desktop to view the receipts? What do you guys recommend?
Yes, you can click through to the Expensify image URL in QuickBooks Desktop to access the image files in future.

This discussion has been closed.