My report closed and submitted itself, why did this happen?

magsellevoyage
magsellevoyage Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
edited March 2020 in Day to Day

Yesterday I started a new report for expenses. I added one expense and left it open for future expenses this month. However, in the middle of the night, the report was closed and submitted automatically to my own e-mail address. I have been using expensify for a couple of years and this has never happened; and I haven't changed anything in my settings. Also, I get the following message in the top of the screen when in the report: Next Step: You're done! Your admin has scheduled this report to be automatically submitted. We'll take it from here!
How do I change this?

Best Answer

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓

Hi there @magsellevoyage, thanks so much for joining the Expensify Community!

If you ever see the Next Steps banner stating:

Next Step: You're done! Your admin has scheduled this report to be automatically submitted. We'll take it from here!

This means that a Policy Admin has enabled Scheduled Submit for the Policy you've reported these expenses on. You'll also know this is true by heading to your Settings > Policies > Individual > [Policy Name] > **Reports > Scheduled Submit view where you'll see the banner stating:

Heads up! Your active policy [POLICY NAME] has Scheduled Submit enabled and is overriding these settings. Any expenses that you submit on this policy will follow the preferences set by your manager.

You'll need to reach out internally to a Policy Admin (the Billing Owner listed on the Settings > Policies > Group page is always an Admin) to query their preference for this if you'd like it amended!

Answers