Disable Concierge "items awaiting your action" emails

cbiowcbiow Posts: 3

Title says it. I don't need a weekly reminder of what I already know well.

How do I turn them off?

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 717 admin

Hi @cbiow Welcome to the Expensify Community!

You could turn off the notification emails in your Account Settings, but a warning that this will also disable emails about approvals etc.

If you only want those particular ones to 'go away' you could set up a filter in your emails to move emails with a particular name into a separate folder - or to delete them immediately.

I hope this helps! :)

• cbiowcbiow Posts: 3

OK, please forward this as a bug-fix request. Automated systems that impose unnecessary alerts on users and require spam-filtering to suppress them should be fixed. The whole point of Expensify was to have been making things easier.

Thanks!

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 717 admin

Hi @cbiow , I'm sorry, just to clarify that is my suggested workaround for you - you would only need to use a filter if you want some of the notifications and not others. You can happily turn off all notifications within your account settings. The only emails you would get from us in that case would be legal notices which we have to send you.

• cbiowcbiow Posts: 3

Understood. I'm happy to get emails on actual events such as approvals and disapprovals, which I (and most users) care about.

I don't want to get nag-mail telling me that events have not happened, such as "items awaiting your action". That's automation creating annoyances, which should default to not happening. Users shouldn't have to use spam-filtering approaches to avoid the Expensify messages that create needless user workload. Please forward that as a bug-fix request.