My account should be an individual account but it has switched to corporate?

simon_walkersimon_walker Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

How do I revery back to individual?

Answers

• KeaganKeagan Posts: 27Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach Expensify Success Coach
    edited January 16

It sounds like you created a policy--this is actually a paid level of service!

If you didn't mean to create a paid policy, that's okay! Just check out the listing of features here to ensure deleting the policy won't cause you to lose something you need (e.g., unlimited SmartScans, accounting integration functionality, etc.). Once you've made sure you want to delete your policy, follow these steps:
    1. Make sure all of your open reports are disassociated from the policy you wish to delete. To do this, head to each report individually, and select "(none)" from the Report Policy dropdown box in the top right corner of the report.

2. Once you have done this, head to the Inbox tab, and click the card titled "Thanks for using your free trial! Add a billing card to your account to continue using our amazing paid features you experienced during your free trial.” (or something similarly named about billing) and then click the Downgrade link at the bottom to resolve everything.

How can you avoid this happening again in the future? Beyond directly creating a new policy under the Settings tab directly, the most common way someone may accidentally create a policy is by clicking "Control" or "Collect" in the Inbox.

Because the act of submitting or collecting implies that someone else will need to be involved in the process, we automatically create the policy you'll need to involve that other party/those other parties, and this is what creates your policy.

To avoid this happening in the future, you'll want to click "Track" or "Submit" in that Inbox card moving forward.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• jmb0491jmb0491 Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

The reverse is happening to me, I have a "paid" policy, but it's claiming I owe money. How can I fix this

• bertybassettbertybassett Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

the downgrade button is refusing to allow me to press it? I have tried Edge, Firefox. Can you help?