When I export to QuickBooks Online I kept getting feature not supported error

wwcwwc Posts: 2

Hi, I have QuickBooks Essential subscription. When I export an un-reimbursable expense, I would get the error stating feature not included in my QuickBooks subscription. I have set up the un-reimbursable expense to be exported to the Credit Card GL account.

Answers

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 759 admin

Hi @wwc Welcome to the Expensify Community!

With QuickBooks Online Essentials, the features not included are:

• Billable expenses
    • Classes, Customers/Projects, and Locations as tags or report fields.

Are you using any of these features on your report?

Can you give me the Report ID and I can take a closer look at the log files in the background!

• wwcwwc Posts: 2

Hi @RachCHopkins, the report ID is 32784863. It contains both reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses. I tried several times exporting the report to QBO, but only the reimbursable portion went through as a JE. I am concerned, since the error didn't tell me a portion of the expense were exported, if I didn't check my QB expense accounts I wouldn't have known the reimbursable portion was already posted to QB.

And back to my original issue that the non-reimbursable expenses would not export to QBO. I am using Customers/Projects, but they exported just fine when all the expenses in the report have the reimbursable box marked.

Thanks for your help!

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 759 admin

Hi @wwc sorry for the delay!

I have spoken to our experts and they have confirmed that the Customer should technically not be exporting at all. Is it possible that the reimbursable export dropped the customer reference?

I recommend that you remove the Customer/Project tags from the Policy configuration settings, as QuickBooks Online Essentials will not import these. It's not that Expensify cannot export them, it's that the accounting software will not receive them.