If I downgrade to a free account, do I lose Categories?

Jul
Jul Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, I signed up for a free account, but somehow ended up with a Policy, although I don't understand how. Other posts indicate I can downgrade back to free (which works fine for me as a single user who doesn't need smartscans or all the bells and whistles of the paid account), and in doing so I won't lose existing reports and receipts scanned (correct?) However I'm confused about whether or not I'll lose the Categories I've set up if I downgrade. Please can you clarify?

Best Answer

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jul Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Sort of. When you delete the paid Policy, you will lose the categories associated with the Policy, but you can also set up the same categories on your Personal Policy.

Just to note: When you delete the Policy, any close reports will be unable to be reopened/edited in future, so if you think you might need to reopen/edit them again I recommend you reopen them, change the Policy to Personal and then close again.

Answers