Is ACH the only method of reimbursement? How about international reimbursement?

KamKam Posts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
edited September 2018 in Advanced Admin Controls

Are there other payment options available - for example, ETF or wires?

Best Answer

Answers

• Karisa_LattaKarisa_Latta Posts: 124Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    edited September 2018

Hey @Kam,

For Expense Reports, ACH Direct Deposit and PayPal Reimbursement are the only two supported payment options we offer right now.

ETF and Wires would have to be completed outside of Expensify. If you do pay the reimbursements in either of these ways, you can mark the correlating report as Reimbursed! Check it out here. This allows you to keep your Reports page orderly and easily digestible.

For Invoice Reports, you can set up the Stripe integration to allow invoices to be paid by Credit Card. Learn more about Invoicing here!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• KamKam Posts: 9Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Thanks, Karisa!

These options work well for the US; but not for Canada. Are there any plans to expand these payment options in the near future?

• Karisa_LattaKarisa_Latta Posts: 124Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

Hey again @Kam ,

I'm not sure if you saw Sheena's reply above, but we're definitely working on this ability! We've got our fingers crossed for 2019. Financial institution things, unfortunately, don't move as quickly as we'd like.

I wanted my ACH order fulfilled yesterday, with the candy topping! ;)

• tat1668tat1668 Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer
    edited March 8

Do you have an ETA? in month or even quarter, in 2019 hopefully.

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 782Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @tat1668 We don't have an ETA yet. We are shooting for later this year but can't give an actual timeline with where we are at now. So much of it depends on the red tape that we have to break through to offer international reimbursement. Our hopes are high that it will be completed in 2019.

• tat1668tat1668 Posts: 2Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Thanks @Nicole Trepanier, is there a work-around such as exporting payment info that we can import into QB or other system to process the actual payment?

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 782Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

@tat1668If you are connected to an accounting software such as QuickBooks Online, if you export as checks or vendor bills, you can process the payments through QuickBooks and it will mark the reports as reimbursed in Expensify.

• Rjain1Rjain1 Posts: 15Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

Hello,

are there any updates on the international reimbursements yet? We are looking to reimburse employees in Canada and Australia.

Thanks

Rupal

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,082Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

International reimbursement is on our radar and something we truly hope to make available for all customers in the future. Right now our resources are directed to other priorities, but updates to supporting this feature will absolutely be shared with the whole Community as soon we can.

Have a lovely weekend!

• tterrien1tterrien1 Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer

So I just saw that PayPal will no longer be supported effective 12/15/19. This is how we've been reimbursing all of our Canadian employees for the past 5 years, since they don't have US bank accounts.

I take it Expensify is pulling the plug on this and not offering an alternative solution? I was hoping this would at least coincide with an announcement of International reimbursements, but I guess not?

This is going to be really painful and is an utter lack of foresight. Ugh

Hi @tterrien1 I am so sorry for the frustration here. We just don't have enough interest in the PayPal connection to continue maintaining it. We do hope to have an announcement soon in regards to international reimbursement but I don't know if it will be ready prior to the deprecation of the PayPal connection.

• Jenna HayJenna Hay Posts: 35Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    Something that might be of interest to those in this thread...

Expensify has partnered up with TransferWise, an FCA regulated global money transfer service, who can provide your international employees with a Borderless Account. This will let you reimburse them in USD exactly the same as your US employees.  From there they can convert the funds into 40+ currencies at a highly competitive, transparent rate and send it to your local bank account.  Employees based in the UK or EU (and soon, Australia and New Zealand) can also get a debit card, which lets them spend the money directly from their Borderless Account.

To set this up:

1. Invite the international employee to a USD policy with Direct Reimbursement enabled

2. The employee needs to sign up for a TransferWise Borderless Account and be verified (takes a maximum of 3 business days)

3. The employee adds their Borderless Account USD account number and routing number to Expensify

4. Reports are created, submitted, approved and reimbursed in Expensify as normal and the payment is received in the employee’s USD Borderless Account.

Would this work for you?