Export receipt images from the Expenses not just the Reports

kidssale
kidssale Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

For audit purposes, we really need a way to select a certain category (or job, or vendor, or date etc) and then be able to export all of the receipt images for the selected items. Only providing a link as it is currently structured is very tedious.

40 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• mbathel
    mbathel Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer
    I think it would also be very helpful to be able to export receipt images for selected dates, and not only for a given report. This would be very helpful for corporate credit card administrators. My company reconciles credit card transactions by month and we upload the transactions and receipts to our accounting system by month.
  • StephanieL789
    StephanieL789 Expensify Customer Posts: 29 Expensify Admirer
    so. how many people visit over the course of a month and vote anything up. Is this actually a reliable way to guage interest? I have seen this request multiple times but yet, people have to actually notice this request before you will pay attention? so frustrating. If I could only vote up for each time I have had to download a report with only one expense on it that I needed (and 20 I dont) times 200 reports a month. 
  • Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 126 Expensify Team
    Hi Stephanie,
    We do review all the suggestions that our users have, but do not have a 'magic number' that a feature or suggestion needs to receive in order to be pulled into development. Some other aspects such as complexity to develop, are also taken into account.
    As we are always super busy with our product roadmap it can mean that other things get prioritised.
    We love hearing suggestions from the Expensify community though, please do keep writing your ideas to us and voting on ideas you'd like to see.
    Thanks!

• JBodnar
    JBodnar Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Want to add our use case in here.

When we invoice our clients for reimbursement most require original images of the receipts for anything over a certain threshold.

While all of these expenses are marked Billable in Expensify and exported to Quickbooks with attachments of the receipt images, the issue is how Quickbooks handles those attachments.

Adding those billable expenses to a QBO invoice attaches them to the email individually. So an invoice with 30 line items for reimbursement will include 30 individual images. Many of our clients require a single PDF of these receipt images for processing purposes and sending a large number of attachments can cause their email systems to bounce the email.

Alternatively, we could send along the downloaded CSV with links to all of the receipt images, but that is a bad experience for our clients to have to manually download many receipt images.

So we have to resort to opening all of the reports that include relevant receipts (which may be 5+), downloading the PDF, exporting the relevant pages, and then combining into a single document.

The ideal situation would be, using the "Expenses" view to filter to the relevant expenses - the project tag and billable expenses - and then selecting all and having an option to download receipt images as a PDF or even a zip file of all the individual attachments for those expenses.

An intermediary step that would be use would be the same filtering and selecting all relevant expenses, but then an option to export the PDFs of the reports those expenses are on. At least that way we don't have to filter to the relevant expenses and then manually click into each relevant report to download the PDF.

• Celia
    Celia Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Amen, and there are multiple requests on here that are really all the same thing but worded differently, dispersing the upvoting progress of the most obvious updates we need for this tool to be useful.

• Celia
    Celia Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I've done this as well with reports with 70+ receipts, downloading the images and saving them on a document, numbering each photo, and attaching the CVS version of the list. Please make it easier to convert "billed" lists to invoices. This is crazy making, when it feels soooo close. Everything is there, on the page, but you can't export it or turn it into a report.

• Epic_Painter
    Epic_Painter Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I would like to piggyback on this request add that receipts should also able to be backed up upon scanning to a cloud drive. When it is done like this, can easily print or email all of the receipts in a selected date range.

• fshields
    fshields Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I would also like to give bumps to this request.

I cannot believe it still hasn't happened yet.

Please try to get it sorted before we feel the need to start giving bad reviews on the app store.

Nearly all your customers are asking for near enough the same things at the top of the request list. You surely can see this?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 838 Expensify Team

Hi @fshields Welcome to the Expensify Community! Thanks for your feedback, however the Community has 25,000 users per month and this Idea has only had 25 votes in two years. While not negligible, 25 votes does not represent an enormous demand at this stage so it's definitely an Idea that we're monitoring but not on the radar for development at this stage.

You can export a list of receipt URLs to a CSV, so there is always the opportunity for you to create your own macro in Excel to download those images to a destination folder.

• theboss
    theboss Expensify Customer Posts: 3

BUMP.

Regardless of what your 25 000 users per month think, this forum is used to bring and innovate NEW ideas to your design team. They should create a MACRO that allows this. We are not developers and would like some compassion and support from Expensify. It's quite absurd, and irrational that you think that this problem is not Expensify's to deal with. To create a full service option for your clients is something you should be HAPPY to hear about and will work non stop to fix. Your approach is what is wrong with today's world. Listen to the small number of people who want to create a difference.

• theboss

BUMP. Please pass this on to your developer team to implement and tell me how much it would cost in labor for them to implement this. Thanks!

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 78 Expensify Team

Hi @theboss welcome to the Community! I see you're bumping an idea from a long time ago but I see that you're a brand new Expensify user who just set up an account and you're on a free trial- congratulations! Are you aware that we allow for the export of reports in bulk? I think there has been a misunderstanding since we certainly do create a full service for our clients and we are happy to hear from all of our customers. Is there anything specific that you are having trouble with yourself?

• theboss

Thank you!! I appreciate your prompt reply and assistance! This is perfect and I am happy that this has been implemented! I am a new and novice user and this community is quite amazing. I am very thrilled with the feedback, the friendly UI, and the prompt service. I am sure to be using this for years to come! Thanks!