Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Expenses syncing to the wrong subsidiary in NetSuite One World

erick
erick Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
edited February 2019 in Integrations and API

Hi folks,
I work for a company that's using NetSuite One World and we have four subs in different parts of the world. Our Expensify is set up to have a policy for each sub (e.g USA policy synced to USA NetSuite USA subsidiary, Kenya policy synced to NetSuite USA subsidiary, etc.), very basic, not that much complexity involved...

BUT, I keep getting sync issues when syncing over a non-reimbursable expense report in our Mexico subsidiary. It's giving me an error that says

"The payable category/account "X" does not exist in NetSuite"
The X is a bank account in our GL that is 1. not even related to the Mexico subsidiary (it's an account tied to our USA sub) 2. not shown ANYWHERE in the settings for the Mexico subsidiary because again, it's not associated with that subsidiary - so I'm not really sure what's going on and [email protected] has been no help.

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,346 Expensify Team
    Accepted Answer

Hi @erick, I just wanted to update this thread with further instructions you received via our Success team in an email, just in case another customer has the same issue.

Cause of the error: The A/P Approval Account in the NetSuite configuration in Expensify was set up to the NetSuite Default but the NetSuite Default didn't match the subsidiary set in the policy.

The solution: Navigate to the Advanced Tab of your configuration settings and update the account OR make sure that the payable account selected as the default in NetSuite matches the subsidiary set up in the policy.

Cheers!

Answers