Edit Expense Form layout is sub-optimal and tabbing between fields is broken

If you have filled out all the fields on the Edit Expense form, and then change the Report, you lose the value you had entered in the Category field. It would, therefore, make more sense to have the Report field as the first field on the form.

Also, you can complete the Form with keyboard only. So you need to constantly switch between keyboard and mouse which is time-consuming and frustrating when you have a lot of receipts to enter. You can tab down through the fields, but there's no way to select/deselect the Reimbursable checkbox.

Having the Report field last also breaks the ability to enter receipts using the keyboard.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,638 admin

Hello @cbernard, welcome to the Community! The only time the category and tag fields should be cleared is if you move the expense to a report from a different policy. If you're moving the expense between reports on the same policy, the coding should be kept intact.

If this isn't the case for you, please let me know the details of the expense in question (merchant, date and amount) as well as the report ID of the report it was on originally and the report ID of the report you moved it to.

I'll bring up the ability to select/deselect the reimbursable checkbox, and if we decide to make any changes I'll reach back out on the Community in this thread.
    I hope the above information regarding the report's policy helps, and if it doesn't I'll be here to help you further.