Netsuite 2018.2

iaingoldmann
iaingoldmann Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Does anyone know if the new Netsuite 2018.2 release features is compatible with Expensify standard connection? At the moment, I'm journal entry feeding bank fed corporate card expenses into Netsuite just fine, going in as journal entries against the relevant credit card account.

It feels like may this would allow to feed in as expense reports and it can now hit the right credit card account, which it couldn't before?! Any thoughts?

Corporate Card Expenses
In NetSuite 2018.2, you can now designate expense lines as paid by a corporate credit card on expense reports. Previously, corporate credit card transaction could only be managed with non-reimbursable expenses requiring manual journal entries to reconcile. If you have more than one defined credit card account, you can select the default account in Accounting Preferences, on employee records, and expense reports. In Accounting Preferences, you can also select a default account for personal expenses paid with a corporate card.
To use corporate card expenses, you must first customize your expense report form to include the relevant fields. For more information on customizing forms, see the help topics The Corporate Card field must be added to your expense line items to use corporate card expenses. This field enables expenses to be marked as corporate card expenses on you expense reports. When expense lines are marked as corporate card expenses they can no longer be marked as a nonreimbursable expense. Corporate card expenses can also be marked as billable. Expense reports including corporate card expenses debit the Expense account while crediting the selected credit card account.

Best Answer

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hey @iaingoldmann !

Wow, holy moly I'm so sorry for the delay here. :tired_face: I accept full fault, as my email notifications were not setup correctly to catch your reply here.

Double check your policy > Connections > NetSuite > Configure > Export settings. The posting style is always dependent on those settings. The posting account is what is controlled by the card mapping in Domain Control.

We can't export non-reimbursable expenses as Expense Reports just yet, but keep your eyes on our Blog. We're constantly making improvements!

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @iaingoldmann !

While the release itself is compatible, it didn't change how we are able to export expense data into NetSuite. The part of the update that affected us was their new 2 Factor Authorization security for logins.

If you're interested in the 2FA login paths, please check out our post here!

You sound like you might actually benefit from a Domain Control feature we have that allows you to map expense card connections directly to specific NetSuite Credit Card accounts. Check out our Domain Card Mapping feature here!

This feature requires Domain Control and Company Card connections.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• iaingoldmann
    iaingoldmann Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hi thanks Karisa, I use the domain control mapping feature which is pretty cool! But it maps in as a journal entry, which is OK, but mapping in as an expense report, with the card number would be even better. Now that Netsuite allows an expense report to identify the company card to which the expense relates, I was wondering whether it is possible to import into Netsuite expenses as an expense report, but with the card identified.... thanks Iain