QuickBooks Desktop - export not matching vendors

LisaVos
LisaVos Expensify Customer Posts: 59 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Integrations and API

I am trying to upload the three payments I just made and it's giving an error message that the vendor doesn't exist. All three vendors do exist. Please advise.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @LisaVos - sometimes this can happen when there are actually two vendors/employees existing for the email address. Essentially the system doesn't know which to use.

Can you please try doing a global search in QuickBooks Desktop for the email address and check it is only associated with one Vendor and Employee record?

(Also, I'm gonna blur out that email address!)

• LisaVos

We have no employees...only vendors. These vendors can also be customers. Lydia and Sam'[s addresses are unique and only in their vendor accounts. Alyssa has both a customer and vendor account with the same email. Please advise how to proceed.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @LisaVos in that case you definitely want to ensure there is only one record against Alyssa's email address.

Are Lydia and Sam's email addresses definitely exactly the same as their primary email in Expensify?

(Sorry for the delay, I didn't see your reply!)

• LisaVos

Lydia and Sam definitely have the exact email addresses. Lydia is a new vendor and I copy and pasted her email from Expenisfy to QBDT to set up her Vendor account in QBDT to do the Expensify export.
    Regarding Alyssa....that makes if tough if you asking that we don't use her email address on her Customer account. We need to email her Sales Receipts as a Customer and reimburse her as a Vendor in Expenisfy. Expensify can't tell the difference between a Customer and Vendor? Expensify can't recognize that someone can/needs to be both a Customer and Vendor? Since Expensify is only working with Vendor and Employee's can't it exclude looking at Customer's?

Why is Expensify not matching Sam and Lydia at the very least?

How do we resolve this?

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

@LisaVos I took a look at your account and your policy hasn't been synced in two months. You'll need to go to Settings > Policies > Connections and click Sync Now to pull in your updated vendor list. You'll then be able to export to these vendors.

• LisaVos

I have transactions moved into QBDT from Reports and "Export to." Are you saying syncying with QBDT is a TWO step process? I have to Export from Reports AND Sync Now through Policies? Guess I missed that in the multiple trainings I have attended. Please confirm the two step processing for syncing transactions to QBDT. Thank you.