Introduce yourself!

Comments

• jbaxter
    jbaxter Approved! Accountant Posts: 39 Expensify Admirer

Hi! I'm Jodie and I work for an Outsourced Accounting firm based in Australia. I've been implementing Expensify with some of our clients over the past few months.
    Our clients use a variety of Accounting Systems like Microsoft GP, MYOB, Xero. Some have Corporate cards and some don't so it's a challenge to get the necessary efficiencies in all cases. I'm only now getting time to explore the community and hopefully learn from some of you. Happy hump day everyone!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @jbaxter, it's great to have you in the community and we really look forward to getting to help you out as you learn Expensify!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Welcome to the community @bekahhewitt33, it's really lovely to have you join!

I wanted to speak to your question a bit, and share a little about our thought process.

We have found the mixed use of documentation, webinars, screen shares, community and other various mediums of online communication make the Expensify onboarding experience one that can be completed quickly and easily. We've not come up against an onboarding that required an onsite, and the disruption to both our teams and the team of the customer seems to outweigh the benefits of arranging one when we can onboard without it.

Is there a use case you believe cannot be handled remotely? We'd love to learn more about your use case and work with you to improve the experience.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Welcome @jbaxter , it's nice to have another person from Australasia! It's been interesting to watch the importance of outsourced accounting grow in our part of the world over the past decade. I imagine Oz has the same issue as NZ where it's hard to attract and retain quality accounting staff in the more rural areas - outsourcing is really key for these communities. We look forward to your input!

• Sara Jacobson
    Sara Jacobson Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team

I'm finally a member of the cool kids club! My name is Sara and I have been at Expensify for just about 4 years!

I love helping our users with anything that I can, and if I can't figure it out, I have no problem pulling in a teammate to find the answers. When you're happy, I'm happy. (Now I am singing: Don't worry, be happy) (Sorry if that is now stuck in your head also).

I hail from Upper Michigan, where we have 6 months of Winter. In the warmer months (basically July and August) when I am not behind the keyboard, I can be found camping by a nice lake. I have 4 children who keep me pretty busy year round but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I look forward to helping you out anyway that I can!

• vhalborg
    vhalborg Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, I'm Valiant, Financial controller for a Dutch subsidiary located in country Victoria, Australia.I was asked to find an app for expense management for our sales force and from reviews on the net, Expensify appeared to be one of the best available, so I am currently in the process in getting the "back-office" side of Expensify set up so that we can start rolling it out across the company. From what I have seen so far I think Expensify will save a lot of admin processing time as well as making it easier for our sales team on the road. Thanks to Expensify for developing this great app and for the level of support you provide.

Cheers!

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @vhalborg - welcome to the community it's so fantastic to see our Australian customer base growing :heart:!

You're in great company with @Aussiebandit, @jbaxter, @RachCHopkins, and many other community members from your neck of the woods!

• Vilmantas
    Vilmantas Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hello, I'm Vilmantas from company Garant from Lithuania. Our company looking for solution to manage business travel documents. Well, looks, that Expensify is one of possible solution.
    Oh, I see a little personal info is useful :) , but maybe next time.

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @Vilmantas - welcome to Expensify and our community. We're so happy you're considering Expensify as a solution for your company. If you'd like to chat with our Sales team, please reach out to [email protected]!

• rclark
    rclark Expensify Customer Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer

Hello, I'm Rebecca and I work at a somewhat large church just outside of Toledo, Ohio. I'm the Finance Assistant and in charge of our church database. We had originally signed up with another company for a similar product, but it just wasn't meeting our needs. You couldn't split expenses, we couldn't use all of our account codes, and other things that made it to where it just wouldn't work for us. I did some looking around and found Expensify and it does all of the stuff that the other company didn't!

We've only done one credit card payment so far and still have some learning to do, but we've made some changes and next month should go smoothly. I'm actually looking forward to paying the credit card bill and I'm usually not. I'm not going to miss spending hours typing explanations into Quickbooks and checking receipts by hand. We're all really excited to be using Expensify.

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi, @rclark that is fantastic to hear! Welcome to Expensify and the Community!

If you haven't yet, you might want to register for our Admin training webinar, which you can find here. It's a fantastic resource for those starting out or looking to refresh their knowledge of Expensify.

You'll also find an employee training webinar sign up in the link as well. If you have any employees, who would benefit from it feel free to send them to the Community!

• rclark
    rclark Expensify Customer Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer
    edited May 2018

@Sheena Trepanier My boss and I were able to attend the webinar before we really started using Expensify. Thanks! I love your community feature and all the helpful people and advice. :)

• Sheena Trepanier

@rclark - Thanks for sharing! My team member Stephanie, who usually leads up the webinars was so happy when I shared your kind words with her :blush:.

• Leslie Rodriguez
    Leslie Rodriguez Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 51 Expensify Team

Hi Everyone!

My name is Leslie and I am a Success Coach at Expensify based out of the NYC office! Although I have been with Expensify for a short time, my background is in Accounting, specifically for the television and movie industry.

I truly enjoy helping our customers use the Expensify app to its maximum potential. As a former Accountant, I know what a pain it is to chase people down to get their receipts in on time and then chase them again to have them explain what they were actually for (sometimes months after the fact). This app (when used to its full potential) truly eliminates this issue and this is why I’m such a huge fan!

A little more about myself: I am a native New Yorker that loves her local NYPL, knits, bikes and loves good food.

I look forward to answering your questions and getting to know all of you a little better. Stop by and say hi!

• Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team Posts: 117 Expensify Team

G’day folks!

I’m Ben, a Success Coach based out of Melbourne, Australia.

When I’m not avoiding snakes, spiders, sharks, goannas, dingoes, and everything else that crawls, slithers and bites on this continent, I love helping our community get the most out of the Expensify. There aren’t too many more satisfying feelings than the one you get when things just work perfectly, and I’m privileged to be able to help people experience this!

When I’m not thinking about expense management, I like to do things a little off the beaten path — think chasing cheese down hills, trekking with Sherpas, and road-tripping across strange lands.

If you see me around the Community, say hi! Unlike all those critters I mentioned above, I don’t bite 😇

• Michelle Niemi
    Michelle Niemi Expensify Team Posts: 104 Expensify Team

Hi!
    My name is Michelle and I am a Success Coach based out of the Michigan office in the Upper Peninsula. I have been with Expensify for almost 4 years and love it! My back ground is in small business accounting. I enjoy working with Accountants to making life easier for them and their clients.

When not working, I enjoy working with our local Foster Care organization and children. As a "Yooper" (from the U.P. of Michigan), I enjoy the beautiful nature that surrounds us.

I am always happy to help answer any questions you have.

• wrs3rd
    wrs3rd Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi my name is Bill and my company uses Expensify I have filed a couple expense reports and I am trying to smooth out the process. I have my work e-mail address and the chrome extension submitting receipts can I add my personal e-mail address and where do I add this? Hoping to streamline the process as much as possible Thank you
    Bill

• Sheena Trepanier
    edited August 2018

Hi @wrs3rd! It's great to have you here Bill, welcome to the Community. You can find the answer to your question in this thread by another Community member.

Additionally, our Help Center offers step by step instructions on adding your personal email as a secondary login here.

• arobin
    arobin Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, I am Andy Robinson, an Assistant Pastor in Washington State. I am getting to understand Expensify and it is helping me do a task that I dislike...keeping track of my expenses for our bookkeeper. Expensify helps me put everything in order and mail it off quickly. I do struggle with how poorly located it is to find the category editor. Overall, I love it and hope my fellow employees begin to use it as well.
    Thanks!

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @arobin, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Community! We're here to help and you'll find that many of your fellow Community members really like to help as well.

We'd love to welcome your fellow employees to Expensify so feel free to send them to the Community if they'd like to get started!

• SamuelFCampbell
    SamuelFCampbell Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hello everyone! I'm Samuel I'm a U.S. Air Force Veteran honorable discharged in 1979 Now am full time employed at The Veterans Affairs Health Center Memphis TN. I'm working on getting my actual bookkeeping and the whole nine yards in order. I have a lot of activities, my tools are: Harmonicas, Guitars, Pianos, Oil Paints and Brushes, Electronics, Laptop and Desk Top Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Computer Programing and Customization, MS Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Unix, Xfce, etc... I'm sure you get the picture, not enough hours in the day! I'm looking forward to creating the reports.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @SamuelFCampbell welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself! You sound like you'd fit in well with the eclectic bunch here at Expensify, and FYI we have one of our remote team down in Tenessee. :)

• Lauria
    Lauria Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hi!
    I'm Amy and I am new to Expensify! It seems like such an incredible product that works wonderfully for our needs. I look forward to having access to this community as I already have had and I know I will continue to have many questions.
    Thanks,
    Amy

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @Lauria! Woohoo, it's great to have you here and for you to be excited about the Community. See you around!

• ajones_0525
    ajones_0525 Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hey y'all! Used Expensify for our trial period and we knew we needed to continue! Before, employees handed me receipts and copies of their calendars/agendas and I did everything else for them {insert face palm}. We use QB but decided not to integrate the two since it doesn't batch like a journal entry (that's ok, this still simplifies the process for our 7 employees using it).

Fun facts about me: 45 min commute (one way) just to live in the country of NC, husband drag races a '72 Nova, and I make cups on the side (Americana Girl Flair on FB).

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @ajones_0525, welcome to the Community!

It's exciting to have you here and I'm so glad you introduced yourself. I'm also really happy to hear that Expensify is saving you and your team precious time each week.

Please don't hesitate to post any questions you have or search for answers to them in our Help Center and Community!

P.S. I :heart: the colors you use in your cups. Beautiful work!

• rickladd
    rickladd Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi Everyone:

My name is Rick and I am the Business Manager for Quantellia, LLC, an AI/ML Software Development firm. We are based in Denver, Colorado, with a satellite office in Sunnyvale, California and we subcontract with about a dozen data scientists spread out over the globe, e.g. Australia, India, Uruguay, and the U.S. I am based in Southern California. We are co-sponsoring a half-day summit in the Bay Area next week and seven of us will be converging in Palo Alto, California. We'll be using Expensify for all of our expenses (provided we - I - can figure out everything that needs to be figured out prior to actually going out on the road.)

We used Expensify a couple of months ago for two people who had to visit a client in Florida. It worked out OK, but I'm quite certain it wasn't as seamless and useful as it could have been. I'm looking forward to figuring it out and, eventually, integrating with our accounting firm's use of XERO.

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @rickladd, welcome to the Community. You're definitely in the right place for figuring out Expensify and learning from others who are in the same position as you. Our Success team is very active in the Community, but you'll also find that other Community members (aka Expensify users) are very helpful and love sharing their best practices and use cases.

Another really great resource would be our training webinars that offer live Q&A. You can find sign-ups for an admin webinar, a webinar for your employees, and one specifically dealing with managing company cards here. We also offer a Help Center full of articles and walkthroughs and you can reach out to us about specific account information by emailing [email protected].

Cheers!

• MHoffmanJWW
    MHoffmanJWW Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Completely new to Expensify as of TODAY! New to bookkeeping (1 year). My husband bought a business and I'm just feeling in over my head! Hoping that Expensify helps me streamline, only three total employees who will have any expenses to submit. Currently just trying to figure this all out! :s

• Sheena Trepanier
    edited September 2018

Hi @MHoffmanJWW, welcome to the Community and to Expensify!

I'm going to share some resources for getting started with you, I hope they help!

Training Webinars
    Help Center
    Getting Started category